Tame-Power: DC DC converter manufacturer for marine
Power conversion solutions for low-carbon marine mobility
Towards carbon-free marine...
The electrification of military vehicles and the increase in the number of electric consumers are reinforcing the growing demand for electrification. The marine and defense industries are thus moving towards vehicles that are more electric. The marine market is split into three main segments:
- Service boats
- Commercial boats
- Pleasure boats
- Defense boats
The need for stealth vehicles (acoustic and thermal) as well as the optimization of energy sources are the main interests of electrification. Tame-Power takes advantage of its expertise in power eand thermal electornics to propose products dedicated to carbon-free marine applications, either electric or hydrogen.
Tame-Power expertise on the marine market
High voltage DC DC converters
Tame-Power DC DC converters allow to transfer from 1kW to several megawatts on 35V to 950V input and output voltage ranges.
DC to DC converters are able to couple different power sources in hybrid architectures integrating: fuel cells, batteries, supercaps, rectifiers, traction chains, resistors, etc. Tame-Power products integrate all control modes for optimal operation. Tame-Power DC DC converters are able to:
- Operate on 35V to 950V voltage ranges
- Generate 1kW to 136kW output power per power conversion module
- Integrate to both stationary and embedded applications
- Transfer power in both boost and buck mode (bidirectional DC to DC converters)
- Integrate several control modes in input or in output: current, voltage and power
- Integrate a specific mode to battery charge
- Combine several DC DC converters to increase the total output power
Tame-Power products are intended to stationary and embedded applications of the marine market, integrating:
- Embedded applications: service boats, pleasure boats, military crafts, and common marine loads.
- Stationary applications: charging points and charging stations.
For your specific needs, Tame-Power proposed to adjust its catalogue references to make available products:
- Meeting your specific needs on the basis of Tame-Power catalogue products
- Allowing to optimize your time requirements at controlled costs
Custom DC DC converters
Expert in power electronics, Tame-Power designs and produces the set of its products. By means of its experience and generic products available, Tame-Power offers its expertise in power electronics throughout the entire product life cycle: from electric architecture definition to product integration. Tame-Power proposes to exclusively design and produce DC DC converters from 1kW to 136kw per unit operating from 35V to 950V.
DC DC converters racks
Tame-Power DC DC converters are assemblable to increase the total output power. Hence, Tame-Power proposes to associate up to 10 power conversion modules per system, allowing to reach output power in order of megawatts.
Tame-Power certifications and accreditations on the marine market
IATF 16949 is a standard for Quality Management in the automotive industry. It describes the processes for the development, industrialisation and manufacture of automotive components.
EN 9100 is a European standard that integrates the principles of ISO 9001 and is aimed at the entire supply chain in the aeronautics, space and defence fields. EN 9100 is the equivalent of AS9100 (America) and JISQ 9100 (Asia). It certifies the reliability and quality of TRONICO's services for the design and manufacture of embedded products.
The ISO 9001 standard is based on a certain number of quality management principles, including a strong customer focus, motivation and commitment of top management, a process approach and continuous improvement. TRONICO and Tame-Power have been ISO 9001 certified since 2004.
The AQAP 2110 standard is a NATO-developed standard that sets out quality requirements. It is a quality management tool that meets the requirements of ISO 9001 and the specific requirements of the "Defence" sector.
Tame-Power products are also designed and manufactured in accordance with the current functional, safety and testing standards, including:
- Functional safety EN 61508 and its derivatives: EN 26262 Automotive, DO-254, EN 62279 Railway, EN 61513 Nuclear, EN 61511 Industrial processes, ARP 4754A, MIL-HDBK-217F, FIDES,
- Safety: EN60950, EN61010, EN61508 etc.,
- Testing: DO-160, UL94, EN50155, STM-E-001, EN F 16-101, EN61373, EN50121, EN60068...
The accreditation granted to TRONICO by COFRAC covers the following types of tests:
- Counterfeit Detection: External visual inspection, X-rays, electrical test, wettability, internal visual inspection, according to an in-house expertise,
- Chemical Opening: Corrosion of plastic materials (coating) by chemical preparation, according to an in-house expertise,
- Internal Visual Inspection: determining the internal defects of a component, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2013) and an in-house expertise,
- External Visual Inspection: determining the external defects of a component, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2009) and an in-house expertise,
- Bond Pull Test: traction exerted on electronic chip bondings, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2011) and an in-house expertise,
- Electronic Chip Shear Test: force exerted on electronic chips, according to the reference MIL_STD-883, (METHOD 2019) and an in-house expertise.
CIR and CII approvals
The French Ministry of Higher Education and Research has approved TRONICO as "an organisation carrying out research and development (R&D) work on behalf of companies". The CIR approval recognises TRONICO's ability to carry out R&D work eligible for Research Tax Credit (in French, “Crédit Impôt Recherche” or CIR). As a result, TRONICO's customers can allocate invoices relating to R&D work to their CIR tax allowance. The CII approval recognises TRONICO's ability to carry out work eligible for the Innovation Tax Credit (in French, “Crédit d’Impôt Innovation” or CII).
Tame-Power use cases on the marine market
Dc to DC converters for Yelo
Tame-Power has been selected to supply the DCDCs that will equip the Yelo boat. This electro-hydrogen boat will carry out maritime shuttles in the port of La Rochelle.
The Yelo shuttle was put into service and completed its first trips in 2017.