Tame-Power: manufacturer of DCDC converters for stationary applications
Power conversion solutions for low-carbon mobility and stationary applications
Towards a low-carbon mobility...
The market for electric mobility on land, air, space and sea is booming. The deployment of recharging infrastructures is therefore becoming a priority for public and private authorities. By 2030, the global market for electric vehicle charging infrastructure is expected to exceed $415 billion.
The development of new modes of transportation and the desire to move towards greener mobility have led Tame-Power to address the electric mobility market through stationary applications and more precisely on four major types of charging points:
- Level 1 charging points: charging points which are intended for housing, using alternative current (AC), and needing a very long charge time
- Level 2 charging points: charging points which are geared towards companies or collective housing, using alternative current (AC), and needing a long charge time
- Level 3 charging points or fast chargers: charging points intended for public areas and shopping facilities, using direct current (DC), and providing a fast charge time
- Level 4 charging points or ultrafast chargers: charing points geared towards public areas as shopping facilities, service stations and rest areas, using direct current (DC), and providing a very fast charge time.
Tame-Power's expertise in the automotive market for stationary applications
Tame-Power offers its expertise to the automotive industry's application fields and proposes:
High voltage DC DC converters
Tame-Power DC DC converters allow the transfer of 1kW to several megawatts over voltage ranges from 35V to 950V input or output.
DC-DC converters are capable of coupling different energy sources in hybrid architectures integrating: fuel cells, batteries, supercapacitors, rectifiers, drivetrains, resistors, etc. Tame-Power products integrate all the control modes for optimal operation. Tame-Power DC converters are capable of :
- Operate over a range of use from 35V to 950V
- Generate an output power of 1kW to 120kW per module
- Transfer energy in buck or boost mode (reversible DC-DC converters)
- Integrate numerous input or output regulation modes: current, voltage and power
- Integrate a specific mode for battery charging
- Combine several DC-DC conversion modules to increase the total distributed power
For specific requests, Tame-Power offers to adjust its references in order to provide you with DC-DC converters that :
- Meet your specific needs based on catalog products,
- Allow you to optimize your planning constraints at controlled costs.
Custom DC converters
Tame-Power supports its customers in the development of custom converters throughout the product life cycle: from the definition of the electrical architecture to the support of the product integration. Tame-Power offers to design and produce specific DC-DC converters from 1kW to several megawatts and from 35V to 950V.
Tame-Power DCDC converters can be combined in parallel to increase the total power transferred. Thus, Tame-Power proposes to combine up to ten converter modules.
Certifications and accreditations of Tame-Power on the stationary applications market
The accreditation granted by COFRAC to TRONICO covers the following types of tests :
- Counterfeit detection: external visual control, X-ray, electrical test, wettability, internal visual control, according to a proprietary know-how,
- Chemical opening: attack of plastic materials (coating) by chemical preparation, according to a proprietary know-how,
- Internal visual inspection: determination of internal defects of a component, according to MIL_STD-883, METHODE 2013 and proprietary know-how,
- External visual inspection: determination of the external defects of a component, according to references MIL_STD-883, METHOD 2009 and proprietary know-how,
- Bond pull-out test: Tensile testing of chip bondings, according to MIL_STD-883, METHOD 2011 and proprietary know-how,
- Chip shear: force exerted on chip bondings, according to MIL_STD-883, METHOD 2019 and proprietary know-how.
IATF 16949 is a standard for quality management in the automotive industry. It describes the processes for the development, industrialization and manufacturing of automotive components.
The ISO 9001 standard is based on a number of quality management principles, including a strong customer orientation, management motivation and commitment, the process approach and continuous improvement. TRONICO and Tame-Power have been ISO 9001 certified since 2004.
Tame Power is also able to integrate your specific constraints to standards specific to your field of application:
- Operational safety EN 61508 and its derivatives: EN 26262 Automotive, EN 61511 Industrial processes,
- Safety: EN60950, EN61010, EN61508 etc,
- Testing: UL94, EN5
Cas d'usage de Tame-Power sur le marché automobile pour les applications stationnaires
DC DC converters for Engie Solutions
Engie Solutions innovates and develops Charge&go to offer tomorrow's world a smarter, greener and safer mobility. A turnkey, integrated and flexible solution that supports cities in their energy transition to electric vehicle fleets.
The Charge&go solution uses several Tame-Power DCDC converters of more than 40 kW each, coupled through a proprietary interconnection system to charge one or more buses at the same time.
Engie Solutions selected Tame-Power for its internal DCDC converters, flexible control modes, power and air cooling capabilities.