Tame-Power: DC DC converter manufacturer for e-mobility
Power conversion solutions for carbon-free terrestrial mobility
Towards carbon-free terrestrial mobility...
The market of terrestrial electric mobility is on the rise: new electric or hybrid and more environmentally friendly modes of transportation are emerging. Electric vehicles see their market shares significantly increasing and become alternative modes of transport regarding to thermal vehicles.
The market of terrestrial e-mobility combines:
- Electric vehicles: battery or hybrid battery-hydrogen vehicles
- Charging stations
- Electric automated guided vehicles
The development of new means of transportation and the willingness to evolve towards greener mobility solutions led Tame-Power to adress the electric terrestrial mobility market.
Tame-Power expertise on the e-mobility market
High voltage DC DC converters
Tame-Power DC DC converters allow to transfer from 1kW to several megawatts on 6V to 950V input and output voltage ranges.
DC to DC converters are able to couple different power sources in hybrid architectures integrating: fuel cells, batteries, supercaps, rectifiers, traction chains, resistors, etc. Tame-Power products integrate all control modes for optimal operation. Tame-Power DC DC converters are able to:
- Operate on 6V to 950V voltage ranges
- Generate 1kW to 120kW output power per power conversion module
- Integrate to both stationary and embedded applications
- Transfer power in both boost and buck mode (bidirectional DC to DC converters)
- Integrate several control modes in input or in output: current, voltage and power
- Integrate a specific mode to battery charge
- Combine several DC DC converters to increase the total output power
Tame-Power DC to DC converters are intended for stationary or embedded applications of the terrestrial electric mobility market, and integrate:
- Embedded applications: electric cars, hybrid vehicles, buses, trucks, automated guided vehicles, special vehicles and other electric vehicles.
- Stationary applications: charging stations and charging points.
For your specific needs, Tame-Power proposed to adjust its catalogue references to make available products:
- Meeting your specific needs on the basis of Tame-Power catalogue products
- Allowing to optimize your time requirements at controlled costs
Custom DC DC converters
Expert in power electronics, Tame-Power designs and produces the set of its products. By means of its experience and generic products available, Tame-Power offers its expertise in power electronics throughout the entire product life cycle: from electric architecture definition to product integration. Tame-Power proposes to exclusively design and produce DC DC converters from 1kW to 120kw per unit operating from 6V to 950V.
DC DC converters racks
Tame-Power DC DC converters are assemblable to increase the total output power. Hence, Tame-Power proposes to associate up to 10 power conversion modules per system, allowing to reach output power in order of megawatts.
Tame-Power certifications and accreditations on the e-mobility market
The accreditation granted to TRONICO by COFRAC covers the following types of tests:
- Counterfeit Detection: External visual inspection, X-rays, electrical test, wettability, internal visual inspection, according to an in-house expertise,
- Chemical Opening: Corrosion of plastic materials (coating) by chemical preparation, according to an in-house expertise,
- Internal Visual Inspection: determining the internal defects of a component, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2013) and an in-house expertise,
- External Visual Inspection: determining the external defects of a component, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2009) and an in-house expertise,
- Bond Pull Test: traction exerted on electronic chip bondings, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2011) and an in-house expertise,
- Electronic Chip Shear Test: force exerted on electronic chips, according to the reference MIL_STD-883, (METHOD 2019) and an in-house expertise.
IATF 16949 is a standard for Quality Management in the automotive industry. It describes the processes for the development, industrialisation and manufacture of automotive components.
EN 9100 is a European standard that integrates the principles of ISO 9001 and is aimed at the entire supply chain in the aeronautics, space and defence fields. EN 9100 is the equivalent of AS9100 (America) and JISQ 9100 (Asia). It certifies the reliability and quality of TRONICO's services for the design and manufacture of embedded products.
The ISO 9001 standard is based on a certain number of quality management principles, including a strong customer focus, motivation and commitment of top management, a process approach and continuous improvement. TRONICO and Tame-Power have been ISO 9001 certified since 2004.
Tame-Power products are also designed and manufactured in accordance with the current functional, safety and testing standards, including:
- Functional safety EN 61508 and its derivatives: EN 26262 Automotive, DO-254, EN 62279 Railway, EN 61513 Nuclear, EN 61511 Industrial processes, ARP 4754A, MIL-HDBK-217F, FIDES,
- Safety: EN60950, EN61010, EN61508 etc.,
- Testing: DO-160, UL94, EN50155, STM-E-001, EN F 16-101, EN61373, EN50121, EN60068…
Tame-Power use cases on the e-mobility market
DC to DC converters for Symbio
Symbio chose Tame-Power to develop a specific DCDC module to equip its hydrogen range extender. This DCDC module is leaned against the fuel cell and shares the cooling circuit. It responds to very strong specific integration constraints and has been the subject of co-design work between the engineering teams of the two companies.
The Symbio range extender installed on the KANGOO ZE-H2 makes it possible to add an additional 150 km of range, several hundred vehicles of this type are already circulating today.
DC to DC converters for Engie Solutions
Engie Solutions innovates and develops Charge&go to offer the world of tomorrow smarter, greener and safer mobility. A turnkey, integrated and flexible solution that supports cities in their energy transition to electric vehicle fleets.
Charge&go solution uses multiple Tame-Power DC-DC converters of more than 40 kW each, coupled together through a proprietary interconnection system to charge one or several buses at the same time.
Engie Solutions selected Tame-Power as internal DC-DC converters for the flexibility of their control modes, their power capability and air cooling. Tame-Power DC-DC converters are ideally suitable for Charge&go solutions.
DC to DC converters for ECA Group
ECA Group develops and provides innovative robotics and autonomous systems, simulators, and industrial equipment for defense, maritime, aerospace, simulation, energy and industrial equipment sectors.
In partnership with ALVANCE Aluminium Dunkerque and Rio Tinto, ECA GROUP recently developed an Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) technology dedicated to industry logistics applications in order to make processes more cost efficient and safer. This solution is designed for the autonomous management of heavy loads in an industrial environment.
ECA Group has selected Tame-Power for internal DCDC conversion as the Tame-Power DCDC converter manages the transfer of energy between the main DC bus and a bank of supercaps allowing energy recovery during the mission of the vehicle.
The compact and flat form factor, power capability and flexibility of control modes have been key factors for ECA Group to choose Tame-Power solution.
With 160 kWh of battery capacity and 120 kW output, ECA Group's technology is ready for the robotics' generation of today and tomorrow.
DC to DC converters for Chereau
As the first European company to specialize entirely in the design and manufacture of refrigerated bodies for heavy goods vehicles - for more than 66 years - and recognized throughout the industry for the high quality, longevity and first-rate performances of its products, CHEREAU is esteemed thanks to a policy of continuous innovation and its tailor-made, sustainable vehicles - for the benefit of the most exacting carriers.In line with its innovation strategy, CHEREAU is developing a new generation of refrigerated semi-trailer that is even more efficient and more environmentally friendly thanks to new technologies.
This project has a dual objective: to reduce the environmental impact and improve operating conditions in terms of ergonomics and safety.
The new features include:
- Lightening of the chassis
- Clean energy production
- Management’s optimization of the various electrical equipment
Power conversion solutions for carbon-free aeronautics
Power conversion solutions for carbon-free marine mobility
Embedded or stationary solutions to contribute to future electric aircraft