The smart PDU is a configurable high voltage power distribution unit.
Tame-Power smart power distribution unit is configurable to transfer power from 1kW to 200kW on the electric grid. The PDU also allows to manage current up to 500A under high voltage ranges, up to 1,000V.
Smart PDU technical specifications
The PDU is user-configurable high voltage unit allowing to connect high voltage devices into a compact module. Tame-Power Smart PDU is able to:
- Composed of up to 5 generic PDU cells
- Connect to high voltage devices as: DC to DC converters, AC to DC converters, DC to AC converters, fuel cells, chargers and supercaps
- Reduce power cables bend radius
- Operate under current up to 500A
- Bear high voltage ranges up to 1,000V
- Secure power distribution thanks to specific security protections equipped on each PDU input and output
- Realize domino connections so as to associate several PDUs together
Smart PDU technical features
Tame-Power smart PDU allows to transfer up to 200kW per module.
Tame-Power smart PDU ensures power transit up to 1,000V (500A).
Tame-Power power distribution units beneficiate from a liquid cooling system:
- Liquid coolant: 50% glycoled water
- Flow rate: minimum: 3 L/min., type : 5 L/min., maximum : 6 L/min.
- Pressure: maximum: 5 bar
- Inlet liquid temperature: minimum : 0°C, maximum : +65°C.
So as to ensure power transit while protecting both the user and the electric architecture, Tame-Power PDU has:
- An HVIL generator integratedinside the PDU allowing to monitor power transit oprations and to ensure a high level of safety functionality for critical applications
- A passive or active protection system
- Isolated security controls for contactor pairs of 500 A power, self-testing
- Integrated HVIL circuits & integrated active interlocks
- Integrated data logger and user programmable memory with access via CAN messaging
Control, settings, measurement data and data logging are available via a CAN 2.0B bus. All power supply operations are safely monitored and an HVIL generator is integrated inside the PDU. This ensures a high level of safety functionality for critical applications.
/en/servicesAs each application is specific, this product is designed and manufactured according to the needs of the user. This design is based on the integration of standard technological building blocks qualified by TRONICO. For each request, TRONICO helps you to define and design the optimized product for your application.
Smart PDU applications
Tame-Power products are intended to stationary and embedded applications of e-mobility, aeronautics and marine markets. Tame-Power smart PDUs are majorly geared for:
- Power distribution monitoring
- Electric vehicles and chargers
- Loads and connections / disconnection sources