Certifications and accreditations
A certified know-how
With over 45 years of expertise in electronics inherited from TRONICO, Tame-Power continues to evolve with an engineering process that is certified as per several standards. All DC-DC converters and PDUs being sold are therefore designed and manufactured according to the following regulations.
IATF 16949 is a standard for Quality Management in the automotive industry. It describes the processes for the development, industrialisation and manufacture of automotive components.
EN 9100 is a European standard that integrates the principles of ISO 9001 and is aimed at the entire supply chain in the aeronautics, space and defence fields. EN 9100 is the equivalent of AS9100 (America) and JISQ 9100 (Asia). It certifies the reliability and quality of TRONICO's services for the design and manufacture of embedded products.
The ISO 9001 standard is based on a certain number of quality management principles, including a strong customer focus, motivation and commitment of top management, a process approach and continuous improvement. TRONICO and Tame-Power have been ISO 9001 certified since 2004.
The AQAP 2110 standard is a NATO-developed standard that sets out quality requirements. It is a quality management tool that meets the requirements of ISO 9001 and the specific requirements of the "Defence" sector.
Tame-Power products are also designed and manufactured in accordance with the current functional, safety and testing standards, including:
- Functional safety EN 61508 and its derivatives: EN 26262 Automotive, DO-254, EN 62279 Railway, EN 61513 Nuclear, EN 61511 Industrial processes, ARP 4754A, DO-178C, MIL-HDBK-217F, FIDES,
- Aeronautics and Defence,
- Safety: EN60950, EN61010, EN61508 etc.,
- Testing: DO-160, UL94, EN50155, STM-E-001, EN F 16-101, EN61373, EN50121, EN60068…
TRONICO is Nadcap Electronics certified. This is a certification for the circuit board manufacturing process, developed by leaders in the aerospace and defence sector markets. Its objective is twofold: to improve quality and reduce costs. Both production sites (St. Philbert de Bouaine in France and Tangier in Morocco) are Nadcap certified. The Tangier site is the first Nadcap Electronics certified site on the African continent. TRONICO's customers in all sectors benefit from the same manufacturing processes.
Accreditations and approvals
The accreditation granted to TRONICO by COFRAC covers the following types of tests:
- Counterfeit Detection: External visual inspection, X-rays, electrical test, wettability, internal visual inspection, according to an in-house expertise,
- Chemical Opening: Corrosion of plastic materials (coating) by chemical preparation, according to an in-house expertise,
- Internal Visual Inspection: determining the internal defects of a component, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2013) and an in-house expertise,
- External Visual Inspection: determining the external defects of a component, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2009) and an in-house expertise,
- Bond Pull Test: traction exerted on electronic chip bondings, according to the reference MIL_STD-883 (METHOD 2011) and an in-house expertise,
- Electronic Chip Shear Test: force exerted on electronic chips, according to the reference MIL_STD-883, (METHOD 2019) and an in-house expertise.
CIR and CII approvals
The French Ministry of Higher Education and Research has approved TRONICO as "an organisation carrying out research and development (R&D) work on behalf of companies". The CIR approval recognises TRONICO's ability to carry out R&D work eligible for Research Tax Credit (in French, “Crédit Impôt Recherche” or CIR). As a result, TRONICO's customers can allocate invoices relating to R&D work to their CIR tax allowance. The CII approval recognises TRONICO's ability to carry out work eligible for the Innovation Tax Credit (in French, “Crédit d’Impôt Innovation” or CII).